Letter of Engagement in relation to
Aidhan Accountancy is trading style of Aidhan Financial Services Ltd which is a member of the
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA). Company registered in England and
Wales as Company Number 04953002
Page 9 of 15
or loss caused by viruses nor for communications which are corrupted or altered after despatch. Nor
can we accept any liability for problems or accidental errors relating to this means of communication
especially in relation to commercially sensitive material. These are risks you must bear in return for
greater efficiency and lower costs. If you do not wish to accept these risks please let us know and we
will communicate by paper mail, other than where electronic submission is mandatory.
10. Any communication by us with you sent through the post is deemed to arrive at your postal
address two working days after the day that the document was sent.
11. Communication between us is confidential and we shall take all reasonable steps to keep
confidential your information except where we are required to disclose it by law, by regulatory bodies,
by our insurers or as part of an external peer review. Unless we are authorised by you to disclose
information on your behalf this undertaking will apply during and after this engagement.
12. We may, on occasions, subcontract work on your affairs to other tax or accounting professionals.
The subcontractors will be bound by our client confidentiality terms.
13. We reserve the right, for the purpose of promotional activity, training or for other business purpose,
to mention that you are a client. As stated above we will not disclose any confidential information.
CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
14. We will inform you if we become aware of any conflict of interest in our relationship with you or in
our relationship with you and another client. Where conflicts are identified which cannot be managed in
a way that protects your interests then we regret that we will be unable to provide further services.
15. If there is a conflict of interest that is capable of being addressed successfully by the adoption of
suitable safeguards to protect your interests then we will adopt those safeguards. Where possible this
will be done on the basis of your informed consent. We reserve the right to act for other clients whose
interests are not the same as or are adverse to yours subject of course to the obligations of
confidentiality referred to above.
CONTRACTS (RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES) ACT 1999
16. The advice and information we provide to you as part of our service is for your sole use and not for
any third party to whom you may communicate it unless we have expressly agreed in the Engagement
letter that a specified third party may rely on our work. We accept no responsibility to third parties,
including any group company to whom the engagement letter is not addressed, for any advice,
information or material produced as part of our work for you which you make available to them. A
party to this agreement is the only person who has the right under the Contracts (Rights of Third
Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any of its terms.
DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998 and 2018
17. We confirm that we will comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 together with
successor legislation incorporating GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018, when processing personal
data about you and your family. In order to carry out the services of this engagement and for related
purposes such as updating and enhancing our client records, analysis for management purposes and
statutory returns, legal and regulatory compliance and crime prevention we may obtain, process, use
and disclose personal data about you.